3:00 to 4:00pm, 64 Degrees, Clear Skies, Wind 5mph SSE, Bar 30.39 steady
`I bought a swivel chair. I wanted to be able to see in all directions. If I sit in a chair that is stationary, it is almost imposable to turn and see behind me. I was following the movements of a bird in the canopy. A Great Crested Flycatcher! And ended up looking towards a pool in Fall Brook. I have not been sitting looking in this direction. the crested took me in this direction. I would never have seen this Eastern Phoebe if I had not chased the first flycatcher. I got to watch this one dive on the pond and come back up several times. Just fun to watch. How much do I miss with my lack of 360 vision?
I moved the bird feeder that was above the Gulley to down near the island. I have seen Black-capped Chickadees and Tufted Titmice on it. They found it fast. It sits under a tree that the birds sit in anyway. I never saw the titmice on it above the Gulley. Location, location, location! I saw a pair of titmice hit the tree, see me, then fly for the feeder at Number 2. The feeder I put up is in the middle of The Little Forrest. I suspect it will be popular with the inhabitants of the Little Forrest. I saw Blue Jays down and around the Island today. It is not on what I think of as their flight routes. I suspect they know about the feeder.
Merlin identified 22 species of birds. Red dots: Great Crested Flycatcher, Eastern Towhee, Hermit Thrush, Great Horned Owl. I saw the crested flycatcher. Wish I could have gotten a picture. I heard a Belted Kingfisher! as did Merlin. Not enough water in the brook for it to fish. However it is not that far so maybe a scouting mission. Northern Cardinal was my bird of the day. Saw that one!
No comments:
Post a Comment