Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Still Quiet


 

1:00 to 1:40pm, 72 Degrees, Cloudy, Wind 9mph NNW,  Bar 30.13 even

It was quiet today. I also went out in the morning. It was drizzly. So I figured I would get better action in the afternoon. No such luck. In the morning the squirrels, chipmunks, and even a ground hog were all active. The birds not as much. I am definitely better at spotting birds. I am picking them up in flight more and more often during my sits. Perhaps it is because my attention is drawn down towards Fall Brook and Canco Woods. It is more wild in that direction. I am going to move down there at some point. There is a spot near Fall Brook that is drawing me in. Hard to see from where I am sitting now. It is across a boggy area. The Crick filters through this boggy area before it joins Fall Brook. I need to go down in the Gulley and explore the boggy area to find the best way over to the spot that draws my eye. 

The Blue Jays have come down more in the Little Forrest. I believe they are getting comfortable with my presence. This is the first time I had an unobstructed view of one. It saw me pointing the camera, called and was gone. 

Merlin heard 13 bird species in the morning and 9 in the Afternoon. Northern Waterthrush both times. Maybe there is one IDK. I saw a White-Breasted Nuthatch in the afternoon with no calls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment