Monday, September 28, 2026

Feelings aren't Facts!


 2:30 to 3:30pm, 57 Degrees, Cloudy some rain, Wind 12 NNE, Bar 29.91 steady

It was good to get out. We are at the tail end of a Northeaster. Went out this morning during a break in the rain. It was still really windy and it kept blowing water off the leaves. I was soaked in under ten minutes. I scared up some birds from the usually dry run before the island. When Fall Brook is slow the birds are there. It was a babbling brook today. 

It felt quiet this afternoon. Feelings are not facts! The babbling of the brook, no doubt, made the bird song hard to hear. There was a fair amount of bird activity. I saw a catbird coming across the bog. Merlin did not pick up any calls for that bird. One of the birds that chatters prolifically in the Little Forrest. I saw quite a few birds flying around the Black Willows. Birds love them. I also saw a Black and White Warbler. (pics) Stayed in the rain a bit longer than I wanted to get those pictures. I really like the picture of the Downy Woodpecker above. 

Merlin Identified 11 species. I saw a Black and White Warbler, Gray Catbird, Song Sparrow, Mallard, Herring Gull,. That Merlin did not "hear" Also, quite a few mystery birds. Usually when Merlin hears a mallard it is an agitated squirrel. 

Feelings aren't facts. When I am emotionally involved in something it is hard to see things clearly. Always good to run things by a friend, mentor, or sponsor, when things get emotionally charged!

No comments:

Post a Comment