8:00 to 8:30am, 58 Degrees, Clear, Wind 6mph NW, Bar 29.91 rise
Baseline seems to be back to a little more "normal." Not as many bird species as during summer. However they are chatty again. The Northern Cardinals are moving about and calling to each other. I am picking up birds better by motion than I have been. I saw the female cardinal above from quite a distance. I saw some motion in the branches. I was pretty sure it was not a squirrel. Used the binoculars to see this one. Then took a picture. Slightly cropped. It would have been easy to miss this bird that was in plain sight.
I was only out for a short while. Someone shut the dumpster with violence. A really loud bang that I have not heard before. Folks often put stuff in the dumpster when I am sitting. It does not usually disturb the Little Forrest.
I did not post yesterday. I did go out to the sit spot. It seems the birds are chattering at a normal level even if there are not as many species as summer. Perhaps, the low pressure and storminess had them quiet.
Merlin heard 9 species. I know the mallard was an agitated squirrel. And once again a Northern Waterthrush. At some point I may believe that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment