4:15 to 5:05pm, 74 Degrees, Sunny, Wind 7mph S
Ah afternoon, its just slow in the sit spot. The High School was having a game or practice and there was some carpentry across the gulley. This makes the birds chill a bit. Still things were happening. I saw the male cardinal for the first time! It was in the dense section of trees directly across the gulley. I have seen the female a few times now. Saw a White-breasted Nuthatch in Old Red. Always amazed by how big the nuthatch's call is. Saw another nuthatch down near where the gulley connects with Fall Brook and turns south to run into Back Cove. Back Cove is part of Casco Bay in the Gulf of Maine which is in the Atlantic Ocean. The Little Forrest is connected to and part of much bigger world.
Merlin identified 17 bird species. I believe a few were wrong. I did not hear a raven. I think it mistook a jay. As much as I want to add the Water Thrush to my bird list, I am not.
No comments:
Post a Comment