4:45 to 5:30, 78 degrees, Partly cloudy, Wind 2mph SSW,
The birds were fairly quiet, as they are at this time of the day. Eleven bird species, only one not in Portland today. The American Redstart. Played the recording and it matches.
The squirrels were about as active as I have ever seen them be. Part of that, I suspect, is that I am getting better at picking up motion. Or maybe a better way of saying what is happening is " I am seeing motion caused by animals/birds better." The Little Forrest is in constant motion from the wind. I noticed motion in the ferns down by The Crick. I really wanted it to be not a squirrel. The animal was not hopping like a squirrel. However, whenI got a good look: Squirrel! It is the first time I noticed this behavior. I suspect it has been happening and I have just not picked up on it. At one point I saw the motion of a shadow go through the Little Woods. Then crow calls. Was it a crow that flew over? Probably.
No comments:
Post a Comment