I can not say for sure if this is a Red Eyed Vireo or not from this picture. This is a very cropped picture. It was on the far side of The Little Forrest and high up. I am really happy that I was able to see this bird and another. About the time this bird Came into The Little Forrest, Merlin started identifying the Res Eyed Vireo. I do not know for sure but I am going to think so. The vireo was definitely the star singer this morning. Starting high on the east side and moving across to the west. Maybe ten or fifteen minutes of consistent calls across The Little Forrest.
It would have been easy to miss the bird in the picture. My vision in The Little Forrest is improving. More in tune with the place and its movements. At one point I heard a jay, looked up saw a bird in the spot I thought it came from. It quickly dropped and glided out of sight. It is hard to see in The Little Forrest. Sun and shade are always close together. The Sun did not hit the floor where I was sitting until 7:10, An hour and twenty minutes after sunrise. I saw several other birds flitting about. They were consistent size/shape with the song birds I heard. Still hard to identify in the shade and inconsistent light of The Little Forrest.
Merlin heard 22 different species. Only two had the red dot. Northern House Wren and Eastern Towhee. The towhee use to be called the rufous sided towhee. A much more fun sounding name to my ears. Also, heard the Red Breasted Nuthatch again. Still in the unlikely in Portland mode. September it looks likely.
No comments:
Post a Comment