5:45 to 6:10, 81 degrees, Partly Cloudy, Wind 5mph SSE
Really quiet in the sit spot tonight. This is definitely the latest I have been out. This could be normal for this time of day. Only five bird species. No Northern Cardinal, usually the first bird I hear. Also, the bird I hear most often. Had a long day and did not want to go out and sit. Glad I did even if it was not exciting. I am super tired. No signs that the bird feeder has been "found". There were more mosquitoes than I have experienced before.
I heard some goldfinches off towards Fall Brook, however Merlin was not picking them up. My hearing and distinguishing birds is getting much better. Eventually, Merlin picked up the goldfinches. Many times I have no idea what the bird calls are. There is an old lobsterman I know, Jerry. He has Shanghaied me a few times when he was desperate for a sternman. As I would learn something he would say "Petit a petit, L'oiseau constuit son nid." Little by little the bird builds it's nest. Seems appropriate to remember that now.
No comments:
Post a Comment